Want that special vegetarian friend or wife to love you even more? Try this excellently simple and pretty quick mushroom pâté. You can serve it hot straight off the pan or keep it in the fridge for a fair few days. Excellent on top of some toasted French bread.
Vegetarian Mushroom Pâté
- 150 g oyster mushrooms
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 3 Spring onions
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Coarse mustard
- Fry chopped mushrooms, spring onion, garlic and shallots in a bit of butter and on low heat until they stop giving moisture. Be careful not to let them get brown.
- Half way through above, add basil, thyme and seasoning.
- Mix in mustard and sour cream.
- Take off the heat after about a minute or so
- Divide into ramekins and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4