This is an old time classic recipe my mum makes all the time. You can easily use this as a base for your other type of cookies, too. If you like your cookies with raisins, throw some in. If you like them with white chocolate, find another website.
Anyhow, try this out, it’s fail safe and super tasty!
Recipe: My Mums Chocolate Chip Cookies
Summary: Quick and easy to make, delicious chocolate chip cookies.
- 125 g butter
- 85 g sugar
- 70 g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsb baking powder
- 1 level tsb vanilla extract
- turn your oven to 200°C
- With an electric hand whisk, mix butter and both sugars
- Once properly mixed, add egg
- Whisk until slightly frothy
- Mix in flour and baking powder little by little continuously mixing
- Chop up the chocolate and fold it in the mix
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for an hour
- Lay large spoonfulls of dough on baking paper
- Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes
You can replace about 1/4 of the flour with porridge oats for extra chunk.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s), idle 1 hour
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 12